How to Safeguard Employees' Health in the Era of Pandemics
Wednesday, 29 September 2021
15:00 – 17:00 (GMT+8)
Venue: 20/F, One Kowloon, Kowloon Bay
Companies that do not adequately address workplace health issues may cause serious long-term negative health problems for their employees.
“Health” extends beyond physical safety to mental and emotional wellness, and must encompass stress management and mitigation. When it comes to physical safety, companies should take steps to minimize and mitigate the effects of accidents, striving continuously to reduce work-related injuries, illnesses, and fatalities to zero.
In this seminar, professionals will share their insights on how to safeguard the employees’ health in the workplace, particularly amidst the global pandemic. The audience will be able to obtain more information on:
- Why employee health is important in the context of managing risks and ESG
- Rise of employee wellness
- Fostering physical health, mental and emotional wellbeing
- How to optimize workplaces to provide a better working environment
After the seminar, you are invited to join a tour showcasing smart workspace transformation.
Did you know?
– Despite the decades-long focus on corporate health and safety, there is still much work to be done to ensure workplace safety. Globally, 2.78 million people die each year from work-related accidents or diseases, and 374 million people suffer from work-related accidents or illnesses.
– Safety issues have significant financial consequences. The economic burden of poor occupational health and safety practices is estimated to be around 4% of Global GDP each year.
– Extending initiatives beyond traditional health and safety to focus on mental health can reap financial benefits. A report by the WHO found that for every $1 spent on treatments for common mental health disorders, there was a return of $4 in improved employee health and productivity.
*Limited seats available on a first-come first-served basis.
Senior Director, Sustainable Growth
Ricoh Hong Kong Limited
Assistant Head of Business Development & Marketing,
ESG Matters Limited
Why employee health is important in the context of managing risks and ESG
Chief Commercial Officer,
Bowtie Life Insurance Company Limited
How employee medical benefits has changed after COVID
Head of Workplace Advisory, Sustainable Growth
Ricoh Hong Kong Limited
How to help corporates optimize their workplaces during post-pandemic