Dr Glenn Frommer is one of the pioneers of sustainability and the environmental movement. He has worked in the field for more than thirty years and was involved in the drafting of the GRI G4 Reporting Guideline, the AccountAbility 1000AP Standard, and Reporting 3.0.
Prior to founding ESG Matters, Glenn held senior management positions with the Mass Transit Railway Corporation Ltd. in Hong Kong for more than twenty-two years where he embedded sustainability through an Enterprise Risk Management approach and implemented China’s and the transport sector’s first climate change policy. His extensive cross-sector and cross-industrial experience extends throughout the international arena, specifically in Europe and Asia-Pacific.
Glenn holds a PhD in Aerospace Sciences, is a Fellow of the International Institute of Acoustics and Vibration, a member of several international and local professional bodies, a Fulbright Fellow, and a published author. Glenn is also the Honorary Chair of the UITP Sustainable Development Commission, having started the Working Group in 2001.
Dr Glenn Frommer
Selected relevant experience:
- Published MTRC’s internationally recognized Sustainability Reports annually since 2002; China’s first sustainability report.
- Led teams of sustainability and CSR specialists through directed work planning.
- Led MTRC’s listing as the only HK Company listed on DJSI and FTSE4Good sustainability indices.
- Led MTRC’s ISO 14001 Certification for MTR Operations and Projects Divisions.
- Championed energy savings: 18% reduction of energy use in revenue service, use of LEDs in stations and trains.
- Chair Emeritus of the Sustainable Development Commission of the International Association of Transport Providers (UITP) and its Charter on Sustainable Development with 135 signatories in 45 countries.
- Planned, managed and executed a total of 30 Environmental Impact Assessments for major projects. Total railway projects involved was more than US$22 billion.
- Assisted in delivering major infrastructure projects on time and within budget: Airport Railway, Tseung Kwan O Line, Ngong Ping Cable Car and Disney Rail Line
- Participated in drafting and advising Government policies and legislation on environmental, sustainability and corporate social responsibility issues.
- Member Technical Review Committee for AA1000
- Member GRI Working Group on Content and Materiality
Finance & Governance
Digital & Technology
AI & Big Data
Business & Social
Products & Technology Division